Network better is my new book on business networking.
Its purpose is:
- To describe what to do—explicitly to state best practice, providing readers with approaches, techniques and tools which they can use to network more effectively and, thereby, bring in more clients.
- To give readers an understanding of, and insight into, what emotional intelligence is, and how it is essential for optimum networking.
- Crucially, the book explains why these instructions and not other ones. If someone is at all resistant to the instructions and there is the slightest perception that the instructions are not working, they are likely to reject them, ignore them. They will decide that they know better and do something different, something more in their comfort zone. Often this does not succeed. If they know what is going on for them and for other business people, and they understand why, they are empowered to network better.
- To face up to the reasons why people are resistant to some or all of this, and to provide help in overcoming resistances. Although a book in itself cannot overcome someone’s resistance, it can do its damnedest to help them do the overcoming.
- To help them understand why it doesn’t always work.
- To amuse and entertain.
2 What is networking, really?
3 Some misconceptions rubbished
4 It’s just about people
5 It’s just about relationships
II RAISING YOUR GAME
6 Be clear why you are there
7 You need a portfolio
8 You need stories
9 What you should be doing at the networking event
10 Getting the most from a conversation
III SO, HOW COME IT’S NOT WORKING?
11 Follow the rules
12 Improve your approach
13 Improve your tactics
14 You are not doing it right
IV WHAT COMES NEXT?
16 One-to-one meetings
Precepts of networking
Principles of networking
by Jeremy Marchant . © 2019 Jeremy Marchant Limited . image: Free images
Please see About this website for guidance on using this material.